Server cert can't be verified by Java due to AddTrust cert expiration?

Have a problem you need help with or just want to chat about something that doesn't fit in another group, post it here.
BryantUSF

Post by BryantUSF »

Hi,
After May 30th we started getting a certificate warning when launching the Sunapsis Java application. Our InCommon server certificate is still valid but It appears that the AddTrust certificate that’s in the certificate chain expired. I see others have had issues with batching for this same reason. My understanding is that it shouldn’t be a problem with versions of Java after 8u50 and we’re using at least 8u161. Chrome, Firefox, etc don’t have a problem with our certificate, just Java. Is anyone else having this issue? Am I missing something obvious? Any simple solution before I start digging?

Thanks,
Bryant

Bryant

Post by Bryant »

Not sure if this will be the case for anyone else but we solved the issue. I'm not sure why it worked but I ran the Windows updates on our server (2008 R2) and restarted and the certificate warning stopped appearing. Seems odd that a Windows update or restart would take care of it but it worked on both our test and prod servers.