Mass Upload for Batch Remarks

Have a problem you need help with or just want to chat about something that doesn't fit in another group, post it here.
isugfws
Site Admin

Mass Upload for Batch Remarks

Post by isugfws »

We wanted to follow up and provide everyone with the video(s) from Monday's webinar. One note - there is a last step that wasn't covered so we've added a second video showing that part.

Video 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xV78_3 ... sp=sharing
Video 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ir62V1 ... sp=sharing

A quick summary of the steps in the videos:
  • Find the message from the listserv and download the two spreadsheets
  • Use shareables (downloads) to download the E-Form (the template should come with it)
  • Update the E-Form so it has your campuses/categories
  • Update the template to make sure "Data" is referencing Field 1 "XML" in the e-form
  • Update the E-Form to automatically apply the template upon submission
  • Fill out the XML generator spreadsheet with the information (Use cell B2 for your remark)
  • Copy the cells in the XML columns and paste (paste value) into the Mass Upload Provider spreadsheet
  • Use the Mass Upload Provider to upload the spreadsheets

isugfws
Site Admin

Re: Mass Upload for Batch Remarks

Post by isugfws »

Q1: a question i am frontloading in case you want to include it as part of your overview: I had Nick’s e-form added to an e-form group and added the e-form group meta info as a column to the mass upload provider, however my mass upload provider doesn’t seem to work if i have the e-form in an e-form group. it says it doesn’t recognize the e-form meta info, even though i quadruple-checked this and have had success doing a mass upload with a different e-form in an e-form group. any ideas on what i am missing?
A1: Answered in video. E-Form Groups require Meta Information for the E-Form Group as well as the Form. Make sure the hidden column includes the Group meta info.
Q2: Hi Jodi and Jason, thanks for doing this. Is it possible to just do a Reprint and put Updated as the reason then include the Remarks in the Financial section for the statement rather then including all the Program information?
A2: Answered in video, slight edit in forum. We *think* that this event is the best match for this purpose (deferring to Nick/Emily/Tyler on that) but the same general method is probably able to to be used for the update event. You would just have to change the template and xml generator spreadsheet.
We have various campuses..so I have to add the template for each campus..ex. South campus and North campus
A3: Answered in video. Multiple templates not required. The campus field in template configurations/management really is just an organizational tool for organizing the visual display of your templates.
A4: In 3.7, where does the downloaded form go to? I can't find it.
A4: Answered in video. Enabled, not actively displayed and then typically 'MSU'. Generally, look for things that say DATA CONVERSION.
Q5: This is MUCH further down his explanation, I've walked through everything n 4.0 as the email did, BUT I received the following error when I tested with one of my students. Remarks went to SEVIS, but I didn't get a reprint back, and this is the batch error: "S9999 Not included in returned transaction log, may have been approved after batch ID was used in an upload request. Please resubmit this batch transaction with a new batch ID."
A5: Answered in video. Resubmitting batch should hopefully resolve this. General issue is that the batchID was used. It is best to fresh relaunch sunapsis before doing this and, probably, best to also do pockets of 190-240 records at a time to avoid this.
Q6: Hey Jodi! Sorry to ask a question that may have already been answered- do we have to manually push through each batch of 200 records? Or can we configure for the multiple batches to run?
A6: The template can be auto applied which will automatically create the batches. They can then be mass approved.
Q7: Can you please show the data reference being matched to the xml of the E-form in the data reference of the template..as this is making sunapsis hang
A7: This is shown ultimately in the video.
Q8: Hi Jodi, how do we get the signatures added to each of the I-20s that are generated?
A8: You can batch print and sign from there. There are methods to auto apply electronic signatures in batch. Please contact IOC for more details if you want to explore this.
Q9: Has anyone tried using software to (1) separate the I-20s into separate documents and (2) to auto-sign the same place on every document? This way one person could do everything.
A9: Same response ultimately as A8.
Q10: I just downloaded the eform but template did not download with it, so I just downloaded the template and set it up in the eform under automatic template configuration. my question is what should the eform status be? pending?
A10: You want the status to be 'submitted' generally. Unless you configure an alert on the form in which case then you would want pending.
Q11: Is it possible to pull in the majors from the record through the template rather then using the mass uploading tool to fill them in or is this required?
A11: Answered in video. The XML block is constructed in the spreadsheet. It may technically be possible to use some sunapsis extensions to have it constructed for you using calculations but it's probably easiest to just use the spreadsheet and include it.
Q12: Where the remarks?
A12: Answered in video. Use cell B2 in the xml spreadsheet to place your remark.
Q13: How can we find the Sunapsis ID?
A13: Answered in video. It's the six digit ID in parenthesis in the upper left profile pane in a record, displayed next to the university id. It's also included usually as the last column in almost all spreadsheets that come out of sunapsis.
Q14: So should userID still be xxxxxx0000 at this point? Or is there a place I'm not seeing on the spreadsheet to fill in that data?
A14: Answered in video. Yes, it should be that value. The 'correct' userID is actually assigned once someone approves the resulting batch in sunapsis.

Our University ID has leading 00s. To make them appear in excel we need to change that column to text. Will that be a problem? Do I have to make it text or can I leave the 00 off?
A15: You'll want to make it text or otherwise be certain the full ID is included in the spreadsheet.
Q16: Can you show where to get that extract table in 3.7?
A16: It's an option in the gear icon for RTI Extracts in the RTI Embedded browser in sunapsis. The same is true in 4.0
Q17: Once you have the XML generator filled out, are you taking the remark from B2 and pasting it in the eform meta info(column A on the mass upload provider excel spreadsheet) for the mass upload provider? is that how you transfer the remark?
A17: The remark is actually included in the long string that is the result of the formula in the XML column. The only things that you need to paste into the Mass upload spreadsheet are the University ID and the XML columns.
Q18: When the batch is approved and run, will it push the updated I-20 with remarks into Document Management?
A18: Yes, the I-20 will be returned to the record and available in document management in the record.
Q19: we are a school on 4, but do not have eform use enabled. Is there another suggestion outside of this solution? Are we the only school in this situation?
A19: This shouldn't actually be a problem. You don't need to be using e-forms/have e-forms available to others in order for this method to work. You may, however, experience issues if there are bugs/server configurations that were never tested based on forms being submitted.
Q20: Can you send link to join forum?
A20: The forum is at https://www.iofficeconsulting.com/forum/