How to: Allow a student to view document associated to a checklist

Have a problem you need help with or just want to chat about something that doesn't fit in another group, post it here.
barnhill

How to: Allow a student to view document associated to a checklist

Post by barnhill »

Hi Everyone!

Recently, a few colleagues were trying to follow sunapsis provided instructions for displaying a document to a student at iStart for a pre-arrival or eform group based checklist. There was a 3/26/2020 sunapsis list serv post from Tim C. that provided some good instructions. However, my colleagues and I were not able to get the document to display at iStart. In addition to following sunapsis provided instructions, the following steps appear to be needed. Caveat: I don't know how this functionality works exactly... I just know that the following will enable the doc display! Please find tips and instructions below.

I hope that this information helps others!

Thank you,
Jodi

ADDITIONAL STEPS NEEDED TO DISPLAY DOCUMENT (from experimentation with colleagues)
General Configs/Document Management Configurations/Form Letters and Output Configurations/<campus name>:
On the tab Print/Paper Configurations,
create a row with campus, and enter 'electronic' for next three fields: Printer/Paper Description, Printer Name, Printer Tray and then select yes for Print to File (instead of paper). There is no need to change the default for the section titled: Properties for Paper in Tray.

On the tab, Letter Setup:
create a row with a title of your choice. For example, 'I-20 electronic' (without quotes), select the appropriate PDF structure. For example, I-20. There is no need to configure Page Type for Generation, select the sub-grouping where you would like the document to appear in Display in Online Sub-Grouping, select stage(s) in Stages to Generate Letter and/or Enable Display in Online Services. In Printer Type/Printer Trays, select 'electronic' (again, note the lower case e is needed) from drop-down. Leave the Print Two-Sided config unchecked and Print Order as default of '0'. For Pre-requisite Task for Printing, enter the name of task from your checklist, for example: 'SEVIS Document Issued'. There is no need to configure Stages to Print Letter/Document.

Update 4/22/2020: I have discovered that you don't have to use the word 'electronic' in the naming convention. You can name your printer anything you want! You just need to configure Printer/Paper Configurations and Letter Setup.
Thank you,
Jodi

Kbrumbaugh

Re: How to: Allow a student to view document associated to a checklist

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Dear all,

What would be some example uses for this option. I'm having a hard time conceptualizing...

Thank you,
Kim

j.rowe

Post by j.rowe »

Hi Kim,

The reason it came up in the listserv was primarily about wanting to make PDF copies of signed I-20's available to students through the online services/web part of sunapsis.

There could be another process where you want to make PDFS available to someone during a process but the main use case in the listserv was around covid-19 response and making I-20's downloadable through sunapsis online services.

Kbrumbaugh

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Hi Jason,

Thank you for clarifying. That makes a lot of sense and would be a huge time saver in this COVID 19 time for students to just be able to print a copy of their current I-20.

Thanks again,
Kim