Checklists (Tagging, Tracking, Assigning)

Have a problem you need help with or just want to chat about something that doesn't fit in another group, post it here.
lucyzoe

Checklists (Tagging, Tracking, Assigning)

Post by lucyzoe »

Hello,
I've searched every corner of Happy Fox and can't find an "out of the box" solution.
Advisors want to tag checklists or somehow put their name on a student record, so they can filter the checklist based on the tag or whatever - so they can see who they are responsible for.
Is there currently a way to do it? Tags are basically useless and can only be assigned by the user, and you can't filter by the tag.
There used to be an editable field, but that's gone in 4.0. There is an empty space, but I can't figure out how to edit the field - or if it is editable.

There has to be a way.
Lucy Zoe

NickG

Re: Checklists (Tagging, Tracking, Assigning)

Post by NickG »

Hi Lucy! I know its been a while, did you ever find a solution? Maybe you could have an optional checklist task with each advisor's name, although that would clutter up the checklist quite a bit.

lucyzoe

Post by lucyzoe »

Hey Nick,
Alas, we have given up. I suggested the use of multiple tasks w/advisor names, but they didn't want the clutter. So each advisor tags their own. It doesn't do anything, but it seems to work for them.

Thanks for following up,
Lucy Zoe

cindyconlin

Post by cindyconlin »

Hi Lucy,
We submitted this bug report to IU, requesting that they renable the ability to edit the extra checklist columns for little notes like this:
https://sunapsis.happyfox.com/kb/articl ... anagement/

If you are willing to communicate with Sunapsis support about how this bugfix would solve this problem of advisors leaving notes in checklists, and encourage Sunapsis to fix the bug we identified above, we would love that. Not being able to do this has a major impact on our SEVIS registration checklist. We've been working around it by leaving checklist notes, and then having a custom stored procedure copy the first several characters of the checklist notes into the optional column (which is still visible in v4, but just can be directly edited).

lucyzoe

Post by lucyzoe »

cindyconlin wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:26 pm
Hi Lucy,
We submitted this bug report to IU, requesting that they renable the ability to edit the extra checklist columns for little notes like this:
https://sunapsis.happyfox.com/kb/articl ... anagement/
Hey Cindy...Checking back to let you know I followed up with sunapsis and this bug. I just forgot to update the information here. lzj

cindyconlin

Post by cindyconlin »

Thanks Lucy!