University ID

Discussions specific to getting your sunapsis instance up and running for the first time.
lucyzoe

University ID

Post by lucyzoe »

Hello,
The [prsn_univ_id] field is varchar 11 characters. At our school, we have two different University IDs:
Students = 7 characters and Faculty/Staff = 8 characters

In General Config/Email and Notes Configurations/Minimum Length of University ID - I need to enter a 'System Value.' [I'm assuming since it's asking for a minimum value, there could be greater values.]

In General Config/Email and Notes Configurations/Email Account Reader Patterns - I need to enter the pattern for a 'University ID Number.' [sunapsis allows me to enter more than one 'University ID Number," and does not indicate a duplicate was entered.]

And lastly, in the ISSM extract scripts, I have to update Part0PopulateMapIDNumbers with the length of my University ID numbers. [It looks like here I can ONLY enter one number. If I enter the greater number, do I need to left zero fill the smaller number? Added: If the extract is only for Student ID's, then does it matter if I enter seven (7) as the universityIDLength?]

Thanks,
Lucy Zoe

Bryant

Re: University ID

Post by Bryant »

Hi Lucy,

See below in red.
Hello,
The [prsn_univ_id] field is varchar 11 characters. At our school, we have two different University IDs:
Students = 7 characters and Faculty/Staff = 8 characters Varchar 11 just dictates the maximum characters so no problem there.

In General Config/Email and Notes Configurations/Minimum Length of University ID - I need to enter a 'System Value.' [I'm assuming since it's asking for a minimum value, there could be greater values.]Agreed, go with 7.

In General Config/Email and Notes Configurations/Email Account Reader Patterns - I need to enter the pattern for a 'University ID Number.' [sunapsis allows me to enter more than one 'University ID Number," and does not indicate a duplicate was entered.]I suspect you will be fine with multiple University ID rows. You could create a single regex pattern to account for both IDs but I'd try the two separate rows first for simplicity.

And lastly, in the ISSM extract scripts, I have to update Part0PopulateMapIDNumbers with the length of my University ID numbers. [It looks like here I can ONLY enter one number. If I enter the greater number, do I need to left zero fill the smaller number? Added: If the extract is only for Student ID's, then does it matter if I enter seven (7) as the universityIDLength?]Hard to say without seeing the script but I suspect you'll be fine with it set to 7. The only exception might be if you are inserting TEMP id's for students who don't have an UID but hopefully you don't need to deal with that.

lucyzoe

Re: University ID

Post by lucyzoe »

Bryant,
Thanks for responding so quickly.
As I suspected. It's good to get confirmation.

Lucy Zoe