Implementation Booboos

Discussions specific to getting your sunapsis instance up and running for the first time.
Kbrumbaugh

Implementation Booboos

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Hey all,

Wouldn't it be great to have a list of implementation booboos and how NOT to make them?

Mine is that we forgot to put the digitial certificate in prod during our site visit...

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't upload anything the week after our site visit.

What is your biggest implementation booboo?

Thank you,
Kim Brumbaugh
Wright State University

IOC-Thomas

Re: Implementation Booboos

Post by IOC-Thomas »

The problem that I've run into is not fully understanding the admissions tables when creating admissions checklists.

This new documentation really helps with future implementations of admissions: https://sunapsis.happyfox.com/kb/articl ... structure/

Its also a great resource when troubleshooting datafeed issues.

Kbrumbaugh

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Thomas,

Thank you so much for referencing that article. I have had some issues with the datafeed and since I'm really new, just don't know where to look to see the problem. I know there is a steep learning curve with a new system but there is soooooooooooooo much data in Sunapsis to learn where everyting is.

Thanks again for the tip,
Kim Brumbaugh
Wright State University

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

Hi Kim and Thomas,

Thank you for weighing in on this meaty topic. So, the one I have in my mind today is: leaving the ft flag default set to 1 in datafeed script. 1 represents yes. This means that sunapsis will view all of your students as full time enrolled regardless of their credit hours. That's an ootsie taters big time. And, you don't even know it's happening until you realize that you don't have any underenrolled students! The ft flag is typically only used for exception cases when you want certain populations of students to be marked full-time but can't figure out a way in the sunapsis general configs/enrollment to indicate this case.

I hope this helps someone else who is implementing!

Thank you,
Jodi
Thank you,
Jodi