Wildcards for Letters

Discuss your wish list items. Someone might have an alternate solution or you can get others to help support your cause.
Kbrumbaugh

Wildcards for Letters

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

The person in our office who does certification letters through Sunapsis has an interest in the following fields that are currently not available as Wildcards.

Does anyone else see the use of these fields being added to Wildcards?

- His/Her

- Major

- DEGREE LEVEL

Thank you,
Kim Brumbaugh

j.rowe

Re: Wildcards for Letters

Post by j.rowe »

Hi Kim,

Just as a quick note -- you can accomplish all of this prior to sunapsis accepting a feature request by doing one or a combination of the following:

1. Use an e-form to request the certification letters (internal or external) and then use the e-form fields (%clientField001%, %secondApproverField001%, %internalField001%) to populate fields in your form letter.

2. Use an e-form to request the certification letters and use the append extensions to include the data without asking the student or internal user to supply the information.

Append | SEVIS -> Append I-20 Program Data start/end dates and degree level and that should make the following wildcards available to your form letter %appendI20ProgramDegreeLevel% , %appendI20ProgramPrimaryMajor%

Append | Academic Student Major and then use wildcard %appendCIPMajor% and %appendAcadPlan% in your form letter

Kbrumbaugh

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Jason,

I understand the first two options and will look into creating the e-forms once we get our urgent e-forms up and running.

However, I'm so new that I have no idea what you mean in the bottom section of the email. Could you explain a little more.

Thank you in advance,
Kim

j.rowe

Post by j.rowe »

Hi Kim,

There are a number of wildcards that are somewhat undocumented that are available in form letters/e-form communications when you use the e-form extensions under the 'Append" section. The append extensions essentially add data to the form for only sunapsis users to see but allow you to then use that data in your form letter/emails.

Does that make it make a little more sense?

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

Hi Kim and Jason!

This is such a good thread as there are so many people who are not aware of how to level up on the wildcards!! Kim, maybe a visual will help with Jason's great description of Append extensions. Take a look in your sunapsis in eform configs/extensions/extension library under append.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you fall out in eform configuration and can't get up!! LOL

thank you,
Jodi
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (47.13 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
Thank you,
Jodi

tclimis

Post by tclimis »

You can find the field id's (which are the names for the wildcards) on that same screen that Jodi posted, in the Extension Appended Fields field (highlighted below)
append field codes.png
append field codes.png (40.19 KiB) Viewed 6079 times
The format for that text is <field id>,<Field Label>|<another field id>,<Another Field Label>|etc. They don't all fit in the box, but you can click and drag your mouse over the text to scroll through to everything.