Why Terra Dotta?

This is the place for general discussions that don't belong in a focused group.
Bryant

Why Terra Dotta?

Post by Bryant »

For those who are using or have decided on Terra Dotta, what made you decide to go with Terra Dotta vs sunapsis or another ISSS solution? What are some of your likes and dislikes?

simekjb

Re: Why Terra Dotta?

Post by simekjb »

The learning curve is substantial but after that, there is a lot of customization.

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

Hi Jodi and Bryant!

Thank you for getting our first Terra Dotta post out here. Jodi, what is your SIS and how well does your data feed to Terra Dotta? I saw something at one point about TD not having a program end date for some type of visa, but not sure. Do you have program end date field that you can use for reports and compliance alerts?
Thank you,
Jodi

emilie.buse

Post by emilie.buse »

TDS had already been chosen when I got here, but I came from a school before where they were in process of choosing between sunapsis and TDS, and ended up going with TDS. They felt it would be more user friendly on the student-facing side and would be easier to understand on the staff-facing side, after seeing demos of both TDS and sunapsis.

At RPI, we have Banner (an ellucian product) as our SIS. We have a person in our IT department who set up the data feed in conjunction with the person before me and now with me making revisions based on our SIS set up. We are in process of adding an FA - Foreign Address type in SIS to help reduce the number of issues with the Foreign Address since other offices use the PR - Permanent address type differently. I can't wait for this to happen to make my data feed more accurate!

- Em

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

Hi Emilie!

Thank you so much for weighing in on the thought process you have seen for schools selecting Terra Dotta! I agree that Terra Dotta's look and feel is superior and their demo is amazing. Glad you are out here at the forum. I hope that your foreign address dream came true!

Kind regards,
Jodi
Thank you,
Jodi

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

I just spoke with someone who selected Terra Dotta over sunapsis. They said that sunapsis and Terra Dotta seemed to have about the same functionality, but Terra Dotta had a lot more professional services to help on board them, get their web forms built and launch.
Thank you,
Jodi