Take Aways from the IOC Conference

This is the place for general discussions that don't belong in a focused group.
Kbrumbaugh

Take Aways from the IOC Conference

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

I have had a great conference so far. The Sunapsis sessions have been fantastic. There are so many things I have learned that I want to take back to my institution and work on such as checklists and Ad Hoc Email templates.

What great take aways do you have?

Kim Brumbaugh
Wright State University

StevenSevic

Re: Take Aways from the IOC Conference

Post by StevenSevic »

• Terra Dotta and JB International are developing software platforms that may give Sunapsis some more competition soon.
  • Useful to have e-forms drive templated communications where custom fields from the e-forms can be used within the communications themselves.
  • E-Forms should be in "bite sized chunks" with little and focused text. Break up long forms into smaller pieces.
  • Institutional documentation tab useful for advisors to get a list of to-do items.
  • How many emails a day is too many? About 50 according to an ABC News survey.
  • Best days to send emails? Tuesdays and Thursdays. Best times? 8a, 10a, 1p, and 5p.
  • Try not to just build an e-form without taking process into account. Process can be streamlined when converting from paper-to-eform. Look at it through the eyes of Industrial Engineering.