IOC Custom Wildcards - Give us your suggestions.

This is a casual space where the community can connect with IOC. See what we're working on, give us feedback, and suggest products/services you'd like us to offer.
Bryant

IOC Custom Wildcards - Give us your suggestions.

Post by Bryant »

We're working on a custom wildcard package to supplement the existing Sunapsis wildcards and we'd like to hear your suggestions. What sort of wildcards would you like to see added?
  • Theses wildcards would be available in emails, letters, and e-forms
  • Please consider that we'd like the wildcards to be generic so they can be used by all institutions
  • Provide as much detail as possible regarding where the wildcard value(s) would come from in the client's record
  • Give us an example of how you would use the wildcard in the email, letter, or e-form
Thank you for your suggestions!

Bryant

Re: IOC Custom Wildcards - Give us your suggestions.

Post by Bryant »

I'm going to start posting some ideas here in the hopes that some of you may be inspired to provide feedback.
  1. I'm adding wildcards for dependent information.
    • The following wildcards will be available for the latest active Spouse record.
      • First name
      • Last name
      • suffix
      • dob (Month DD, YYYY)
      • SEVIS ID
    • A separate wildcard will be available that insert the same information for ALL eligible dependents as an html list. It would look something like:
      • Jane Doe - January 01, 1980 - SEVIS ID:N1324856132
      • John Doe Jr. - January 01, 2016 - SEVIS ID:N9874565132
      • Sarah Doe - February 06, 2018 - SEVIS ID:N6542186413
  2. I-94 Wildcards based on I-94 with latest issue date. What would you like to see?
    • I-94 Expiration Date?
    • I-94 DS: Display 'Duration of Status (DS)' if set, otherwise nothing?
  3. What other wildcards would you like?

Matt

Post by Matt »

One that we would like to see is network id. At Ohio State, our network id is the student/scholars email address without the @osu.edu. This is a unique id that is not considered protected information, while university id is considered protected when combined with other information.

Bryant

Post by Bryant »

Hi Matt,
Good idea and an easy one to implement. We'll add it.
Thanks!