Newbie Overload

A friendly place for sunapsis beginners or those looking at implementing sunapsis to ask beginner level questions. There's no such thing as a dumb questions here.
Kbrumbaugh

Newbie Overload

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Hi Everyone,

We just implemented in December and we are up and running on the basics - doing I-20s and processing paperwork in Sunapsis and RTI.

What are the next steps you took towards implementation? I feel really overwelmed on what to do next? Should we start e-forms or what? Basically it's me and 1 other adviser and im still doing my full time adviser job plus running Sunapsis.

What are some easy things to implement that will really save me some time in the short run?

Thanks for the help!
Kim Brumbaugh
Wright State University

ConnieChilds

Re: Newbie Overload

Post by ConnieChilds »

Kim:

We also are a two-person office, with very minimal IT support, and we decided to hire International Office Consulting to assist us in creating eforms. There is no way we could do this while also doing our "real" jobs.

Connie
Connie Childs
Director
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
International Affairs
910 Madison Avenue, Suite 105
One Stop Shop
Memphis, TN 38163

Massey

Post by Massey »

Hi Kim,

I would recommend trying to make just a few eForms that you think might help improve workflow and reduce time.

Also, I will message you slides that Nusha and I presented on which is How to Simplify your DSO Life. This might help reduce some of your work so you can focus more on improving your Sunapsis software.

lucyzoe

Post by lucyzoe »

Hey Kim,
I would start with e-forms.
You may want to take a look at the 'Sharables' section: Control Center < Community Services < Shareable Resources.
When I first started with sunapsis, I spent a fair bit of time looking at how others built e-forms.
I would suggest downloading one at a time to a TEST instance. Locate it. Look at it. And decide whether to keep it or not. If you get too excited downloading you'll have random stuff all over the place and not know why it's there.

Enjoy,
Lucy Zoe

Kbrumbaugh

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Lucy,

Thanks for the heads up on the e-forms. I could see my self getting overwelmed just by all of the shareables out there. What are your top 5 most used e-forms?

Thank you,
Kim

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

Hi Kim,

It seems like depending on the population type and volume, schools have different top 5. Often, I see the following as eforms for F1/J1 student population:

Travel Signature
Student intake (i20/ds2019 document request)
Extension
Immigration Check-In
Reduced Course Load

Of course for schools with J-1 scholar and employee population, it's a different priority list, but still the travel sig/checkin/intake/extension are top priorities for those with j1 scholars. And I see the exit eform as another popular one in the scholar space as it seems common that scholars may leave their institution and the international office isn't notified.
Thank you,
Jodi