Import Emails to Notes

A friendly place for sunapsis beginners or those looking at implementing sunapsis to ask beginner level questions. There's no such thing as a dumb questions here.
Kbrumbaugh

Import Emails to Notes

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

Hey all,

Does everyone know about the Import Emails to Notes function? I have found it to be an awesome time saver. I know that Sunapsis has a great email tool but I have found this function to be so much more useful. It is so much easier for me to copy the ID or SEVIS number in the Subject of my outlook email and keep an email conversation going that way.

What does everyone prefer? and why?

Thank you,
Kim Brumbaugh
Wright State University

EricB@UNH

Re: Import Emails to Notes

Post by EricB@UNH »

Hi Kim,

We use both but definitely use the import email quite a bit. Sometimes the it can be a bit tempermental with certain characters so always make sure someone is monitoring the email address to see if there is a back up. :)
Eric Benevides
Information Technologist

University of New Hampshire
Global Education Center
Office of International Students and Scholars
unh.edu/global | +1 (603) 862-0629 | eric.benevides@unh.edu

j.rowe

Post by j.rowe »

Just some notes about the feature:

Best to only use when dealing with one record as opposed to a thread about multiple users.
Be careful if you have student workers that have a record in sunapsis since part of the 'match' can be email address. Best to make sure they have a separate work email address basically.

Kbrumbaugh

Post by Kbrumbaugh »

I love the way the emails look when you send them directly from Sunapsis but the thread is hard to account for that way so I tend to use it for standard approval emails and use the Import Emails to Notes for "conversations".

How about you?

Kim

barnhill

Post by barnhill »

Hi Kim!

There is a functionality called Thread. Take a look here and scroll down to Thread section of article!

https://sunapsis.happyfox.com/kb/articl ... fications/

Try clicking that Thread tab in Advisor Center and see if that does what you are hoping for with respect to grouping conversations.

Thank you,
Jodi
Thank you,
Jodi